- Holidays: I can't believe that the holidays have came and went. It was CRAZY! This year was a good one. We are so HAPPY to be back home and really get to do ALL of the activities with our family and friends. Here are some highlight photos from the season:
|Ugly Christmas Sweater Party -- Ohhhh yeahhhh... . Complete with horrible headband and jingle bell bracelet!|
|Now if that's not an attractive group, I don't know what is!|
|Here is my handsome little fellow before his Christmas concert! And although he was "worn out from practicing too much" before the concert where he opted for my lap instead of the stage, I was able to snap this next picture:|
|Here's the family on Christmas Eve! Why couldn't that little boy just smile?!|
|At least he smiled in the one with just Daddy...|
|....and just Mommy. :)|
|And this is my favorite picture of the season! 3 generations (that's grandpa in the background), and Logan was just SO HAPPY and excited that it was Christmas Eve!|
- School: Whew. Another semester came to a close in mid December, and I'm happy to say that my 4.0 in graduate school is still in tact! 6 days ago, I turned in my field placement application, so that in the fall (and next spring) I can actually start counseling in schools! I'm doing my first placement in an elementary school and my second in a middle school. I'm so excited, I could burst! I know that sounds silly, but wanting to do this for so long, then putting it old hold when we moved, then being able to come back to it -- I'm just so happy. And there's nothing wrong with that. Why wouldn't someone want to feel that way about their profession?! ;)
- Volunteering: A few months ago, I was in one of my funks. I was frustrated about who knows what and DIDN'T want to fall into that yucky feeling sorry for myself syndrome that I have in the past. I mean, I can't even remember why I was even feeling that way, so it couldn't have been that bad, right? So instead of bumming around about it, I decided then and there that I have it pretty good and I needed to start giving back. That day, I sent an email to the Ronald McDonald House Charities here in St. Louis about becoming a volunteer. A couple of weeks later, an email arrived inviting me to a session to learn more about the opportunities available. I went to that session last night. I'm hoping to get involved with the Special Events that they put on throughout the year, and also get involved with their Young Professionals group that just started. From the way they described it, this is a group of 20-30 somethings that are forming various committees to help the charity. It sounds right up my alley. :)
- 5 more months and 21 days! Now what is this all about? Well, I'll gladly tell you! This is exactly how many days there are until we are able to move back into our house! YES. This is how many days is left on our renters' lease. This is how many days until I can live with the other half of my furniture. This is how many days until we have so many more square feet than we have right now! I'm so excited. There will be so much more ROOM and we will finally be HOME. It's been... not very fun living in temporary places. First the apartment in Madison, then the house in Illinois, and now the townhouse just half an hour from our house. I'm ready. Boy, oh boy, I'm ready. I've already got paint samples in hand and so many projects in mind.
- Living Life: Huh. With all of the holiday hubalub over with, it's nice to have a wind down period. Unfortunately, Logan and I have been sick for the last week (I think we're feeling better today -- a little). But anyway -- this past weekend was nice. Jake, Logan, and I spent the weekend to ourselves. Partly because Logan and I weren't feeling at our best, but mostly because we've been running around like crazy to see family and friends for the holidays. It was nice to have it just be us. We ate popcorn and watched movies. We hung out in our pajamas until mid afternoon. We took Logan to this pizza/game/crazyland that mimics Toy Story's Pizza Planet (which he is TOTALLY into right now) and had a great time. It was good. And it was needed. And there was also ice cream involved. YUM.
So that's kind of what's been going on. It's a good life. I'm beginning to realize that more and more every day. So what are you all up to? I'm going to make a point to check on my bloggy buddies the next couple of days. I need to get back into the swing of this, no?